Did you know that in 2021, Google Ads revenue amounted to $209.49 billion in the US? Businesses are expected to spend US$164.6 billion in search advertising by the end of 2022 and reach US$190 billion by the end of 2024. The figures show that more and more businesses are finding the advantages of search advertising to reach potential customers.
PPC or pay-per-click is one of the cost-effective advertising tools that help businesses target potential customers based on their interests and needs. With PPC, business owners only pay the service provider like Google and others when an actual user clicks on their PPC ad.
What type of businesses should use PPC advertising?
How do you know whether PPC advertising is suitable for your business? Here are some of the companies that should use PPC advertising:
1. Companies that offer continuous services with recurring fees
- Utility service providers, internet, phone, and cable service providers– Many clients usually use the same provider and pay their fees every month.
- Medical service providers like doctors and dentists– people generally use the same doctors and dentists for the family and continue to the future generations, making it worth investing in PPC advertising.
- Colleges and training programs
- Finance and insurance companies
2. Businesses that offer services with one-time-payments
- Car dealerships– If a customer buys a car, they can make a big profit, making PPC advertising worth it.
- Home Appliance stores– most customers check and compare online prices whenever they purchase appliances, gardening equipment, furniture, mattresses, etc.
- Computer and consumer electronics stores
- Lawyers– lawyers can make a lot of money off one case from clients.
- Repair companies– Repairs are inevitable. You should check how PPC advertising can help if your company does repair services for the roof, plumbing, air conditioner units, etc.
3. Businesses offering seasonal and occasion-based products and services
- Flower shops– Florists benefit a lot from PPC because people send flowers and gift baskets now and then for different occasions, like Valentine’s, Mother’s Day, anniversaries, and other events.
- Wedding shops and event planners– Aside from weddings, there are always events throughout the year like birthdays, Halloween parties, anniversaries, graduation, etc. People always find reasons to celebrate something.
4. Business offering consumer services
- Travel and tourism companies. “Travel” always attracts many people browsing the web. To get these travelers to use your company, you need to put your business out there and advertise. Also included in this category are airlines and travel agencies.
- Lodging– this includes hotels, AirBnBs, vacation rentals, etc.
- Food and beverage industry- includes restaurants, bars, and lounges.
- Real Estate agents– Statistics compiled by the National Association of Realtors show over 3 million real estate licensees are active in the US. If you don’t advertise, it would be hard to find you.
- Business and industrial companies– some examples of these are stores, office supplies, printing shops, etc.
5. Businesses selling a wide array of diversified products
You might be surprised to know those big online merchants like Amazon, eBay, JCPenney, Macy’s, and others spend millions of dollars yearly on Google Adwords to target potential customers already looking for your specific products.
6. Businesses selling rare products
If you are selling rare or hard-to-find products like antiques and vintage items, old records, rare photographs, or others that one cannot pick up from the nearest store or order from big online merchants, you should check how PPC can help you find your rare customers.
Is your business industry listed here? If not, you should check out how PPC advertising can help you reach new customers and grow your business. Learn how to use relevant keywords can get the right customers and convert them into leads and sales.